Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mr. Incredible

Keeeeeeiiiiiiiffffff! Fasha! Mr. Incredible! White Chocolate! You have so many nick names because you're so such a great guy! What can I say Kieth you are my best guy friend, a Fasha figure and a pain in the rear big brother (even though I already have one of those). To date, his has been the longest 2 weeks of my entire life. You know, you hear stories like this where there are people who talk about friends or loved ones who have suffered an accident and there's all this trauma and emotional upheaval, but I never expected I'd be one of the people talking about this. I'm not going to get into the details of recalling the events of that day; they are burned in my brain forever. Instead I want to remember the Man who has earned those nicknames I mentioned above; especially Mr. Incredible. The injury you endured was quite severe and hearing your Neuro-Surgeon tell us that his main concern was keeping you alive was sureal. It actually took me a couple of days to realize that he actually said those words. But lets get back to how I remember you. I have been living with you and Jenny on and off for the past 3 years. You guys have been there for me in the toughest times of my personal life and I can never thank you enough. Jenny has been my best friend for well over 15 years. I'll never forget my first impression of you when you threw Jenny her 25th birthday party at Bryant's apartment. You were so cute in getting it right for her. I will never forget that day (because my boyfriend spent most of the night reading that dang whale book...LOL!) but mostly because you were so excited to make sure it was a surprise for Jenny; you wanted everything perfect for her! Right then I knew you were in love with her and that she had a great Man by her side. Keith, you are the Love of her life and ALL she thinks about. I like to think that we are not just friends, but family. The times we have spent together in the last 2 years have been so memorable. From going out to "The Hundy" and having a few drinks to spending nights at home watching "House" or "Grey's" and even to watching "The Deadliest Catch" (one of your favorite shows); we were family! You and Jenny have been incredible to me over the past few of years; you took me in as a "daughter". So being able to be there for Jenny these past 2 weeks has been an honor and a blessing. We have so much to tell you when you're 100% awake. Although these have been the longest 2 weeks of our lives; your progress in ONLY 2 weeks is nothing short of a miracle. You know I'm not the most religious person out there, but boy was I praying for you! Seeing you open your eyes on Thursday and moving around being a tough guy, trying to get up out of bed, reassured me that you truly are Mr. Incredible! I know you are wanting to get the heck out of bed....but just be patient Fasha, all in due time. You are going to be just fine! Wow, today you were truly incredible. You were trying to talk, you seemed to recognize us all and you were remembering things. You were asking for Maddy and asking Jenny for besitos. Words can't describe how eladed we are and so THANKFUL that God heard our prayers. We continue to pray for your FULL recovery. I know you can do it, Keith. Love You!!!

1 comment:

  1. This was very sweet and heartfelt. I got chills while reading it. Personally, I never knew Keith only his older brothers. Sounds like he is a great guy with a HUGE heart! What comes around goes around. He is a giver and his time is not now. He is a fighter and from what you said Pretty incredible for MR. INCREDIBLE!

    I am so glad that he has such great friends and family!

    My prayers are with his family and friends....

    I continue to thank you for keeping us updated on his progress.

    Class of 91 Arroyo Alum - After Jason and Darren and before Keith...........

    ReplyDelete